American Ornithologists’ Union/Cooper Ornithological Society 2013
Photo: Western Meadowlark, J. Engel
Meeting theme – Ornithology: Past, present, and future
The meeting will include symposia and plenary talks that look at exciting new approaches and results across the entire history of the avian tree and how that may project ahead in time. Chicago lies at the crossroads of the continent, and the meeting takes place at a watershed time for North American ornithology. This will be the fourth AOU meeting hosted by The Field Museum, with previous meetings being held in 1922, 1934, and 1982.
- The meeting will be centered at Historic Palmer House in the center of downtown Chicago from Tuesday, 13 Aug 2013, through Saturday, 17 Aug 2013.
- The opening reception will be held on the evening of Tuesday, 13 August 2013.
- The 4-day scientific program (13–17 August) will begin each day with an address by a distinguished Plenary Speaker.
- The remainder of the daily academic program will consist of symposia, contributed papers, poster sessions, and scientific workshops.
- Many exhibitors will be present throughout the meeting.
- The banquet on August 17th will be held in Stanley Field Hall at the Field Museum of Natural History.
- Short morning field trips will be offered before each day's scientific program, in addition to longer day trips following the meeting on 18 August 2013.
Come join us in Chicago in August 2013!