Field Trip Registration
If you are an out-of-state educator, visit here for field trip programs and registration.
Educators, pardon our dust! Throughout 2013, we will be closing a handful of exhibitions for general maintenance. Fortunately there's plenty more to see at the Museum during your field trip! Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for recommendations of alternate destinations within the Museum. Note that this schedule is subject to change.
2012-2013 School Year
Exhibition Temporary Closings
April - mid May: Mammals of Africa
mid May - late June: Africa (partial)
late June - August: North American Indians
- Register online for field trips and student programs.
- Pre-registration is required for all teachers, chaperones, and students at least 14 days in advance of your visit. Field trips and student programs are only available for groups of 15 or more.
- Illinois students from pre-registered organizations receive free basic admission. Check out our current prices here.
- You should receive an email confirmation within two weeks of completing your on-line registration and mailing payment. If you do not receive your email confirmation within 2 weeks, please call 312.665.7500 M-F, 8:30am-4:30pm or email email@example.com as soon as possible.
- Review your confirmation carefully including the date of your field trip, any special exhibition tickets with assigned entry time, lunch reservations, any student program registrations, bus parking, and information for students with special needs.
- Basic admission includes entrance to all permanent exhibitions, with the exception of Underground Adventure and the Crown Family PlayLab.
- Underground Adventure and all temporary exhibitions are ticketed. Be sure to review prices for special exhibitions here.
- Entrance to the Crown Family PlayLab requires registration for a student program or self-guided exploration. Walk-in groups are not permitted.
- Free and discounted group tickets to temporary exhibitions are limited and fulfilled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Reserve lunch seating in our Siragusa Center when registering online. A $65 fee per group for Siragusa Center applies to schools and organizations outside of the city of Chicago. There is no Siragusa Center fee for Chicago schools and organizations.
- Visit Field Trip Policies for more information and options for lunch seating.
- The 3-D Theater is showing Waking the T. Rex 3D: The Story of SUE at 11:15 a.m. for student groups. Capacity in the theater is 180 people. Tickets can be purchased for $6.00 per student (chaperones within the ratio are free) through the reservation form or in the SUE gift store. There are no refunds.