Sound Planet 2013
Ever wondered what it would sound like if you could remix The Field Museum? Find out this summer as YOU begin to unearth, record and remix sounds from the vaults of the Museum!
Join The Field Museum as we take you on an auditory expedition around the world. Record sounds found in the natural world like bat calls and birdsongs. Hear and feel the rhythms of the Pacific Islands, Africa, and the Americas while you create your own beats. Meet scientists and professional sound engineers as they work with you to create audio experiences that feature the collections and exhibits at The Field Museum in new and innovative ways.
- Meet real scientists and sound engineers
- Explore the science of sound in nature and cultures from around the world.
- Create audio experiences that highlight the The Field Museum’s collections and exhibits
- Learn how to record and edit
- audio samples:
- and so much more!
Where: The Field Museum
When: August 5th - 9th
Who: 14 - 18 year olds. Course capacity is limited to 20.
Program is FREE. Public transportation assistance is available. Snacks and lunch provided. Space is limited to 20 participants.
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE May 20th, 2013.Applications for Summer 2013 are closed.
- Field Trip Programs
- Programs at Schools
- Harris Learning Collection
- Educator Programs
- Educator Resources
- Digital Media Learning
- Early Elementary Science Partnership