Science at FMNH : Ep. 41 – Ancient Trade and Political Relationships in South America
We continue our discussion with Dr. Ryan Williams to explore his research on trade and political relationships between early states in South America.
Dr. Ryan Williams studies the rise, development and collapse of ancient states in the South American Andes. He is examining the nature of Wari, Peru's first empire, and the interaction with a competing empire, Tiwanaku. By studying trade and exchange between these two ancient empires we can better understand the influence of multiethnic politics on the stability of past and current states.
- Ep. 40 – Ancient Trade and Exchange
- Ep. 42 – The Production of Maya Blue
- Ep. 43 – Ancient Trade and Exchange in East Africa
- Proyecto Arqueológico Cerro Baúl
- Ryan Williams
- South America Research
- Archaeological Science
- The Anthropology Department