Anthropology Alliance Programs
- Auxiliary Groups
- Anthro Alliance
- Council on Africa
- Field Associates
MacCarter Curator of the Americas, Jonathan Haas with Bob Shaw (Chair of Anthropology Alliance) and Char Shaw at an evening program about violence and evolution.
Anthropology Alliance members enjoy a series of evening programs featuring Anthropology department curators and staff. See below for examples of past events and for upcoming events in 2013.
- April 3rd - Enduring Inspiration: Chicago Artists Encounter The Field Museum Collections. This event featured curator Alaka Wali and Chicago Artists Maria Pinto, Jeanne Gang, and Thomas Skomski.
- March 18th - Coffee with Matt Piscitelli: The Earliest Temples in the Americas
- February 5th - Scholarly Tradition and Contemporary Research: The Postdoctoral Program in Anthropology featuring Mark Golitko, Lisa Niziolek and Douglas Bolender.
- August 27th - The Ritual Use of Caves featuring Bill Parkinson discussing his research in Greece and the Scenes from the Stone Age: The Cave Paintings of Lascaux exhibition.
- October 3rd - Coffee program with Chap Kusimba and Sloan Williams: Decoding Biological and Ethnic Genealogies of Swahili Peoples of East Africa
- November 20th - Conservation of South American Pottery with Ryan Williams, Ruth Norton and Laure Dussubieux
- Make a Donation
- Ways to Give
- Member Information
- Adopt a T.rex
- Shop the Field Store
- Volunteer Opportunities