Digital Planet: Creatures of the Watery Abyss!
Join the Digital Planet crew and embark on an epic filmmaking adventure in Summer 2013! We’ll explore the most remote part of the planet: the ocean floor. Travel (virtually) to depths rarely seen, learn the secrets of bioluminescent fishes, and get an insider’s view behind this summer’s exhibition, Creatures of Light. Then, make your own movie magic! You’ll meet with scientists and see the specimens that are not only changing science but also changing the future of your world. You’ll also get to work with real-world filmmakers who can help you improve your cinematic skills.
- Learn film techniques like storyboarding and movie production basics
- See amazing, logic-defying underwater creatures that will blow your mind
- Meet scientists who go on expeditions in underwater submersibles
- Meet and work with real film professionals who make movies for a living
- Go behind-the-scenes at the Museum
- Produce your own movie that will be seen by Museum visitors and be posted on the Museum’s web site
- Make new friends with awesome teens like you!
When: 9am-3pm, July 8th-12th OR 9am-3pm, July 15th-19th
Who: 14-18 year olds
Program is FREE. Public transportation assistance is available. Snacks and lunch provided. Space is limited to 20 participants.
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE May 20th, 2013.
Need a paper application? Download one below!Questions? Send us an email
- Field Trip Programs
- Programs at Schools
- Harris Learning Collection
- Educator Programs
- Educator Resources
- Digital Media Learning
- Early Elementary Science Partnership