Science at FMNH : Ep. 42 – The Production of Maya Blue
Dr. Gary Feinman, Professor Dean Arnold (Wheaton College) and museum colleagues used elemental analysis to unlock some of the secrets to the productions of Maya Blue - a pigment that the Mayans used to decorate objects, such as murals and ceramics, and paint human sacrifices at Chichén Itza.
Photo courtesy of Dean Arnold
- Ep. 40 – Ancient Trade and Exchange
- Ep. 41 – Ancient Trade and Political Relationships in South America
- Ep. 43 – Ancient Trade and Exchange in East Africa
- Gary Feinman
- Dean Arnold
- National Geographic - Mysteries of "Sacrificial" Maya Blue Pigment Solved?
- Anthropology, Mesoamerican and Central America
- The Anthropology Department