62nd Annual Members' Nights - Thank you to all of our members and donors who attended Thursday, April 18 and Friday, April 19. We had a wonderful time sharing your Museum with you! We hope to see you soon!
In the spring, we host our annual Members’ Nights. At Members’ Nights you can explore our vast collections, interact with our curators and witness the Behind-the-Scenes work that defines The Field Museum as a distinguished, cultural institution. Our scientists and staff open their doors and welcome all members to discover their current studies and see all the treasures in our collections.
Want to plan your visit before Members' Nights? Download the guidebook to learn about the activites that await you!
Feeling overwhelmed by your options at Members' Nights? Let a scavenger hunt be your guide. Download the Encyclopedia of Life scavenger hunt to discover the best spots throughout Members' Nights. Remember to return your completed hunt in Stanley Field Hall to claim your prize!
At the 62nd Annual Members’ Nights:
• Search through our artifacts in the Collections Resource Center
• Explore in the Lower Levels of the Museum and see Fish, Amphibians and Invertebrates
• Learn how we create the exhibits in the Design Loft
• Find out if you can decipher if it’s real or a replicate in our replication room
• Discover the world of insects under your feet
• Interact with scientists, curators and staff
• See the Mammal Prep Lab and specimens in the West Lobby
• Investigate that plant you discovered walking the trails with our Botanists
• Immerse yourself in the mysterious and magical world of bioluminescence and discover the thousands of other living organisms that blink, glow, flash, and flicker in Creatures of Light, only at The Field Museum.
• Get a rare look inside the now closed caves in southern France in Scenes from the Stone Age: The Cave Paintings of Lascaux and discover the beautifully sophisticated paintings and engravings created by our early ancestors nearly 20,000 years ago that have awed and inspired scientists and artists ever since.
There’s so much to do, to see, to learn and to explore at The Field Museum’s Annual Members’ Night! Reservations are required and space is limited so reserve your spot today!
Recap of 2012 Members' Nights
In April 2012, we celebrated our 61st Annual Members’ Nights. This year we opened up our species collections dating back to the early 1800s. Our members couldn’t get enough of our Komodo Dragons, live tarantulas, and giant fish!
In April 2012, our members traveled Mongolia through our special exhibit, Genghis Khan, and explored all the biggest, smalles and most amazing mammals of all time in Extreme Mammals! There was also a spectacular performaces from Mongolian performers. To see more photos of past Members' Nights events - Check out the photos!
Other Member Events
In the fall, we host an event highlighting a special exhibit. In October 2012, we highlighted Maharaja: The Splendor of India's Royal Courts, catered in a continental breakfast, and listened to the Lead Curator of the exhibit Ms. Anna Jackson captivate us with more and more interesting facts about maharajas and their extraordinarily rich culture. One member expressed, "Ms. Jackson provided an historical context to the exhibit that significantly improved my understanding of the culture and system that created the collection of wonderful artifacts on display."
Stay tuned for your invite to the Members' Nights event! Update us with your email account to stay in touch with all member events and activities.
Want to attend these events and more? Join The Field Museum today!