Members' Nights 2014
Thursday, March 6 and Friday, March 7, 2014
Behind-the-scenes ends at 9:00pm
© The Field Museum, GN91801_158, Photographer John Weinstein
At the 63rd Annual Members’ Nights:
• Ignore the “Staff Only” signs and explore four floors that are normally off-limits to the public
• Delve into our 25 million-strong collections of biological specimens and cultural artifacts
• Investigate our research by interacting with scientists, curators, and staff
• Discover our Mammal Prep Lab, world of insects, Design Loft, and more
• Visit Opening the Vaults: Wonders of the 1893 World’s Fair. Discover how the fair was the triumphant debut of The Field Museum, and how its legacy lives on.
• The Machine Inside: Biomechanics opens to the public on March 12, but members get a sneak peak during Members’ Nights! See why every living thing is a machine built to survive, move, and discover, and explore how these marvels of natural engineering inspire us.
There’s so much to do, to see, to learn, and to explore at The Field Museum’s Annual Members’ Night! Reservations are required and space is limited so reserve your spot today!
RSVP by February 28, 2014
During your visit to see Opening the Vaults: Wonders of the 1893 World's Fair, bring a World's Fair Scavenger Hunt with you! This Scavenger Hunt will take you through the permanent collection to discover objects that originated at the 1893 World's Fair.