A Green Venue
Hosting your event at The Field Museum is the way to be environmentally responsible. The revenue generated by your special event supports lasting conservation at local, national and international levels. Your event dollars support projects that include:
- The inventory of 32 million acres of forests, swamps, and mountains in South America, Cuba and China.
- 12 newly established protected areas, 9 more on the road to protection, and 9 already protected areas now reinforced by solid science.
- Wetland restoration in Calumet, IL
- Conservation work in over 93 countries
The Field Museum is also a Green Event Venue:
- The Field Museum saves energy and aids climate control through chiller/ thermal storage technology for its HVAC system. At night, the system makes ice when energy costs are lowest. During the day, air is blown over the ice which feeds into the air handling units distributed throughout the museum, thus cooling the museum.
- Stanley Field Hall, the largest Museum event space is lit almost entirely by sunlight and the Museum has over 250 photovoltaic cells on its roof, comprising the largest solar array of any building in Illinois.
- A vigorous recycling program is in place for paper, cardboard and glass. The Field Museum recycles over 56 tons of cardboard and 74 tons of paper annually.
- Green cleaning products are used throughout the building, and air dryers replace paper towels in public washrooms, to save trees and energy.
- The Field Museum offers innovative bar options including an eco-friendly bar package with organic liquor and sustainable wines.
- The Field Museum’s approved caterers offer organic and sustainable menus, “water bottle free” events and a unique "green" service which recycles and re-purposes food, flowers, and other post event items to help our planet and people in need.
- The Field Museum’s approved floral/décor companies provide greener options including use of native in season floral/greenery choices and recycled decorative elements.
Learn More about being green at The Field Museum.
Book your special event now and help support The Field Museum!
Photo © Botanicals
- Admission and Hours
- Getting Here/Parking
- Floor Maps and Tours
- Visiting Chicago
- Fun for Kids
- School Field Trips
- Group Sales
- Plan Your Special Event
- Contact Us